Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Lovanox and Oxycodone free!

Another one down and another one down... today was my last Lovanox injection (blood thinner).  I'm now officially discharged from the visiting nurses.  They were all wonderful - good listeners, compassionate, and thankfully not afraid of needles like me.  Thank you, CareGroup Home Care, for taking such good care of me these last many weeks!

I'm also finally off the oxycodone.  The last one I took was this past Saturday.  Since then it's just been a little ibuprofen if I feel the need.  In fact I just realized today I haven't taken anything, and took my walk already and everything.  I will take that as a good sign.

I'm walking about a mile every day now.  I'm still slow, but am improving, as the MapMyRun screenshot will attest.  I'm also trying to get back to some simple yoga.  After eight weeks of craziness I was appalled to discover I can no longer touch my toes!!!  I used to be able to put my palms on the floor but now am a couple inches away from the floor all together.  I also have a fear of raising my arms over my head, which I'm battling by raising my arms over my head every time thinking about it makes me nervous (all the time).  This is in line with my mission to stand up straight.  I'm getting better about it, though my default is still to hunch and protect the belly.  Baby steps.

Otherwise - trying to relax these last few days before chemo begins and we get to know that unknown.


5 comments:

  1. Wow you are doing awesome!! High five from afar. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your pace is accelerating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm raising my arms above my head in celebration of today's milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo!! Good to hear you are building strength.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm reading a book right now, called Earthening, and thought you might find it interesting. Who knows if it works, but I am finding it is worth a try. It's so simple to put your barefeet on the Earth once a day. Anyway, I continue to follow your journey and think of you everyday!
    http://www.amazon.com/Earthing-Most-Important-Health-Discovery/dp/1591202833

    ReplyDelete