Monday, September 21, 2015

Chemo gets real...

I just scheduled my first chemo treatment for Monday 9/28 12:30pm.  My oncologist has said it sometimes helps to have a date on the calendar, even if we end up moving it.  I had called his office this morning to check in and see what date might make sense.  Half an hour later the scheduler called me to get it on the books.  She suggested either this Friday or next Monday as that was his next availability.  I admit I had a small panic attack there on the phone... but then I said let's do Monday, and there it is.

She assured me there is no problem to push it out if I think I won't be ready.  I don't know that I would every be ready -- how is anyone ready for chemotherapy?  Now I have an appointment in my calendar that I can stare at and think about.  Hoping that date will stick, as thinking about it for a whole other week might make the anxiety worse.

Aaaaggghhhh...

4 comments:

  1. Yes, you're right, no one is ever ready for chemo, but you need to get going with this and put it behind you. It will be ups and downs on how you will feel, but remember the good days and that you have a whole lot of friends and family that care and are supportive. You will not be alone in your battle!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nurses at DFCI are awesome. My mom knows hers by name. They make the experience far more tolerable. Bring lots of photos of your sweet family to show them. They will remember the details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Erin, I just wanted to say good luck!

    ReplyDelete