Sunday, September 13, 2015

Goals

Thinking about my ongoing recovery and arrived at these goals for near future, like this week:

1. Stop taking oxycodone.  I'm down to a single 5mg pill just once a day, usually in the late morning.  I haven't taken any today yet actually but starting to feel the need; we'll see.

2. Stand up straight.  I'm still a bit nervous every time I move, and when I stand up and walk my habit is to hunch over to protect my belly.  My back will start hurting (this happened after first surgery) so need to start straightening up.

3. Get all this freaking adhesive off my body.  The tape has been gone for weeks but this stuff lasts FOREVER.

4. Take a "real" walk.  Outside, even.  Not too far, but farther than the backyard.  I miss just getting up and going.  And right now a commute to work seems unimaginable - a bus, train, and almost-mile walk to get to the office???  

Baby steps...

2 comments:

  1. Pick up some Gojo natural orange soap, http://m.homedepot.com/p/GoJo-14-oz-Pumice-Hand-Soap-095712/202261335 . I love this stuff and use this for a lot of different applications.

    Get well soon!

    -Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom used to use olive oil, or the bacon grease drippings she kept on the fridge to remove tree sap from my hands. maybe that will help with the adhesive from the tape :)

    ReplyDelete