Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Homeward bound

Surgical team has cleared me to go home!  It's always great to hear that, and then immediately terrifying.  So many questions and little things that will temporarily be big things - flat bed that's harder to get in & out of, stairs, clothes that won't bother the incisions, injections I'll have to give myself (surprise), scheduling all the meds... argh.

Also turns out there was a friendly feud between the surgery and infectious disease teams.  ID wants me to finish out a certain course of antibiotics but surgery wants me to go home.  Apparently there was a compromise and I should be able to finish whatever antibiotic is needed by mouth.  That said there is still something cranking away on my IV - I sense not everyone is on the same page yet...

Well, let's see if we can figure out how to get this show on the road, or pause it if needed...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erin, I was temporarily an AITC mom, I don't think we've met. Our son Jack was in Connor's class just for July and August. I have been reading your posts since AITC sent out the link and I'm starting to feel like a weirdo lurker so I had to say hi! I'm thinking about you and your family a lot. My dad was in the hospital for stomach cancer and I remember how confusing it was sometimes, trying to figure out if all the teams are talking to each other, and trying to keep up with the information. Not to mention trying to understand how various internal organs were supposed to function with one another in their new arrangements. I'm so glad you're done with surgery! It's the worst! Ok...I'll be reading and cheering you on! - Anna

    ReplyDelete