Thursday, September 3, 2015

Catching up

I'm attempting to readjust to home by catching up on mundane household tasks - putting away laundry, opening mail, paying bills, that kind of excitement.  In doing this I've realized one unexpected pro of being in the hospital for three of the last six weeks: there are no charges on my credit card!!

I can't do very much at once, especially if it involves standing or walking around, but I did take three "walks" to the bedroom on the opposite side of the house.  I may venture down the stairs for dinner, too.  Coming up was okay; hopefully going down isn't too much harder, especially with my new trusty cane (we have an old house with very steep stairs).  I also managed to stay on top of my meds schedule today and that makes a HUGE difference.  I'm done with all my antibiotics now, just pain meds are left.  Hoping I can cut back on those in the not too distant future.  Just need... less pain.

I also realize I kind of missed summer.  I still haven't really processed everything that has happened since the last week of July.  Everything changed so suddenly and drastically, without warning, without reason.  One of these days I'll absorb it.

2 comments:

  1. When I went through my losses some years back I invested in therapy. It wasn't the first time, but it was the first time I really, really needed it. I was very lucky to have found a wonderful lady who truly listened and provided me with the feedback I needed (and still do) to live my new and ever-changing life. Family and friends, of which you are abundant, are wonderful. But an unbiased person who doesn't mind your emotional state can really make a difference. Just something to think about.

    I don't say this to many, but you really are quite inspirational considering what you've gone through in such a short period of time. I admire your strength.

    With love,

    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are working hard, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete