Friday, April 29, 2016

Radiation - 28 (of 30)

Three treatments left, including the one this afternoon.  Taking Xeloda out of the equation helped with nausea but not much else.  The radiation oncologist is not keen to reduce the number of treatments given my particular case (I'm young, I had a nasty tumor) but he said if I did cry uncle he would listen.  Things went pretty much downhill since Monday and the pain got really terrible so I was given the okay to take oxycodone again.  I had some left over from surgery.  It didn't help a ton with the pain of the cramps themselves, but it is helping me get some rest otherwise.  It pretty much knocks me out for an hour or two every time I take it, so I'm getting a bit more sleep.  I had to start my leave yesterday as I can't work well when I'm on it (given the sleeping thing).

Last night was actually the first night I didn't wake up from pain.  I was all excited that maybe it was behind me, but as soon as I ate something, it was back.  It's been every so slightly better.  Maybe because I've eaten next to nothing all week.

Treatment today, tiny break with the weekend, then two more next week and I'm done... finally... now to let the oxy put me to sleep for a while...


1 comment:

  1. Oy, so close! Rest up and hang in there... xoxo

    ReplyDelete