Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Radiation - 15 (of 30) - Halfway

Today marks the halfway point in my radiation treatment.  15 down, 15 to go.  Fatigue is starting to rear its ugly head.  The skin on my palms and soles of my feet is getting very dry and tight and starting to peel, thanks to chemo.  I'm also starting to have cramp-like pains in my belly; physically tolerable but they trigger flashbacks of how it all began, not cool.  Oh, and nausea.  I get that now too.  Luckily, all things considered, I have a stomach of steel, and haven't needed to take any of my (three) medications to address it.  I'm taking enough pills now as it is.

Neuropathy is also getting worse - tips of my fingers are numb now, matching my toes and the balls of my feet.

But you know- kittens make everything better, so here's a picture of ours.  15 down, 15 to go...


No comments:

Post a Comment