Monday, May 2, 2016

28 treatments later....

I'm done.  I cried uncle this morning on the radiation team's voicemail.  I was prepared to go today anyway but my radiation oncologist just called and said he was okay with dropping the last two.  And then I burst into tears, literally.

Apparently they just don't have good enough data about how much is the "right" amount.  They could have had me do these last two and the cancer could come back, I can skip them and it could come back, I could have stopped five treatments ago and it won't... there isn't any way to know for sure.  Originally I was only supposed to have 28, and I did that, and I'm done, and I still have the cramps, and they still hurt, and I've lost ten pounds, and I'm exhausted.

I'm going back to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Uncle Larry and Aunt DoloresMay 2, 2016 at 6:01 PM

    Congratulations! All's well that ends well! Onward to Bermuda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally :) Heal up now! Looking forward to seeing you when you feel better.

    ReplyDelete