Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Radiation Verification - Start the Insanity

I had a verification appointment today.  A lot like the mapping appointment - same weird holey table, face-down for 20 minutes while the machine beeps and whirs.  They took additional x-rays to confirm the alignment of my tattoos with the mapping they created.  Nifty laser-guided stuff.  But I wasn't a good patient... apparently I was moving ever so slightly toward the end.  I was reminded not to move anything.  Just relax and hang out, perfectly still.  They put Steely Dan on Pandora for me.  Maybe they should tune in to Enya or ocean waves or something instead, so I don't inadvertently tap my toes.

I also finally made all the appointments for the next 30 treatments.  Oh yes, forgot to mention my radiation oncologist upped the days from the usual 28 to 30 so they can focus on "problem areas" as identified during my second surgery.  The only time they had for the first two days is 7:20 in the ante meridiem.  In the ANTE MERIDIEM.  Boo hiss.  Otherwise, managed to make most of the rest for late in the day so I can just go home after.  Still, it's a burden, especially on my husband - daycare pickup is all him for the next six weeks.

So tomorrow I start my oral chemo - 3 in the morning, 2 at night - and also a larger than usual dose of vitamin D for good measure.  I'll get up at some hideous hour to be irradiated.  And then we wait to see what side affects hit, and hope the late-breaking neuropathy goes away, and start the countdown.  I am not looking forward to it.  Something about passing the damn emergency room on my way in really bothers me, every time.

Alas.  Onward and upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment