Saturday, March 12, 2016

Party Girl

I had a late night out last Wednesday for the first time in months.  An after-work hang with some colleagues and vendor friends.  I had more alcohol than I've had since before my diagnosis.  I haven't dared drink more than a smidgen of wine - only on one day, only during off weeks - since early last summer.  I forgot what it felt like to get kinda drunk.  And I survived!  I felt a little worse for wear the next day but nothing a whole lot of water wouldn't take care of (which it did).  Plus it was awesome fun. 

We're celebrating the end of chemo in every way possible until radiation starts (in 10 days).  We had an awesome dinner out last night, and have another one planned tonight, and at least one more next week already on the calendar.  I have a few days in between projects at work so have time to eat lunch away from my desk.  It's a nice weekend so I can spend time outside cleaning up the garden without worrying about my hands getting all tingly from the cold.  I'll probably take the kids to a movie tomorrow.  Oh, and I am SINGING for the first time in a million years, for a fundraising event for a chamber vocal group in which one of my close friends sings; we have a rehearsal tomorrow.  I haven't been to a rehearsal for anything in at least 5 years.

And finally: a few minutes ago I started to put my steroid doses on the calendar so I wouldn't forget to take them - and then remembered I don't have to do that anymore!  Bonus.

1 comment: