Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Radiation - 1 (of 30)

Don't worry, I won't post every day - no excruciating minutae for radiation treatments.  Today was the first one.  It was scheduled super-early as that was the only time available (7:20am).  And just like my first chemo, they were running way, way behind.  I'm on the "blue machine" and the blue machine was having issues.  I met with my radiation oncologist while waiting for those issues to be resolved, so at least that was out of the way.  It wasn't until about 8:15 that I got into the room.  Apparently I'm really not good at relaxing... they had to come in about three times before we got going to re-position me and tell me to really go limp and heavy, and press my pelvis into the table - which I really don't get, because if I'm trying to actively press some part of my body into something, I'm not relaxed, limp and heavy like they want.  It was confusing.

But it happened.  I have officially been irradiated.  We'll see what comes of this.  Hoping at least the first couple weeks are smooth and side-affect free, as they have assured me they will most likely be.

On the up side, the media relations folks for the Jimmy Fund FitFest I signed up for want to talk with me.  I was singled out from my commentary on my fund-raising page, and they are supposed to do a blog post soon, and then there might be some other media coverage as promotions for the event continue.  It's on 5/14 - more to come, but if you haven't already, check out my page and if you are so moved, make a donation!  I'm the top non-team fundraiser - keep me there!

http://www.jimmyfundfitfest.org/2016/erinemthomas

No comments:

Post a Comment