Sunday, February 28, 2016

Last chemo eve

Tomorrow begins the last infusion.  I'm very excited to soon be through with chemo.  Another part of me is terrified that the cancer will come back and I'll have to do it all over again at some point.  I don't want to jinx anything; I can't be too happy about it.  At least that is how it feels, at once awesome and terrible.  It is also leap day tomorrow.  I'll only be able to celebrate the beginning of the end once every four years!

Once I'm disconnected for the (hopefully) last time, I am looking forward to two weeks of recovery and rejoicing.  I have planned three dinners out and expect to end up with a few more.  I'll have my radiation mapping and can test my commute from work to Brigham & Women's basement level, which I'll have to do every weekday until the end of April.  I'll have an occupational therapy appointment and will keep trying to regain my strength.  I'll be very busy at work.  I'll hug my husband and my kids. 

Everything will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment