Sunday, February 14, 2016

Happy Freezing Valentine's Day!

At the urging of my daughter (who was low on funds and wanted some babysitting money...), my husband and I had plans for a nice romantic dinner for two this evening.  Sadly, my son got some kind of stomach virus that reared it's very, very ugly head when we were out for a non-romantic dinner last night, and continues to make its presence known in messy, laundry-inducing ways.  So we had to cancel; didn't seem fair to my daughter in the event he has another episode.  Though things are looking up - he has kept down one saltine, a piece of toast, and some vitamin water since mid-morning.  He's napping now and I've no plans to wake him up... he can sleep all he likes today.

And anyways it's 12 degrees outside, in the sun, so we are not totally bummed to avoid freezing on the way to and from said canceled dinner.  We have to keep an eye on our partially frozen pipes as well as the boy.  We'll take a sick-check and maybe do it as an end of chemo celebration instead!  Only two rounds left.

I have also made my initial radiation appointment for 3/16 and my first radiation treatment for 3/22.  At the initial appointment they take some "films" (not sure what kind of scan, or maybe it's just x-rays) and I also get some tattoos on my hips.  They make a mapping to ensure they point the radiation in the right place - location, location, location.  Unfortunately they don't let you schedule the remaining 27 days of treatment until you are there for the first one.  Logistics will be hellish.  However the scheduler I spoke to said many people have treatment and then go straight on to work, no issues, until  maybe the last week or two when fatigue can get oppressive.  I'll just have to play it all by ear.

And then... treatment will be over.  By end of April.  And then, some recovery, and maybe surgery at the end of the year.  I'm not really thinking that far ahead yet.  Focused on getting through the last two rounds reaction-free.  Booyeah.

1 comment:

  1. Hoping the last two sessions also have no whammies. Love you and Happy Valentimes Day! Hope Connor feels better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete