Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Course 11 (of 12)

The penultimate course; just one more to go.  Today was completely uneventful - very good news, as that means the last course should also go that way, or if I had another reaction they'd just stop that drug and I'd be done!  I cannot WAIT to be done.

I spoke with my oncologist's assistant today and she was confident that radiation would go a lot more smoothly for me, as it has for many other similar patients.  I will take an oral form of the 5FU on treatment days but it is a apparently a very low dose.  Though, what wouldn't be, compared to the 46-hour infusion I get now... oh, and I also have to make an appointment with my oncologist at least once a week so they can continue to monitor blood counts, levels of vitamins/minerals, etc.  More of a logistical nightmare - but I'll wait and deal at my first radiation treatment.

And so I worked a very full day again.  My husband went to pick up our son early from daycare and he is on his way to see me now (since I'm not done til ~7, over an hour from this posting).  Dinner at Dana-Farber for us.

ONWARD and UPWARD.

1 comment:

  1. Whew! Glad this one went smoothly. Stay strong, you're almost there!

    ReplyDelete