Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Course 9 (of 12)

Here we go again.  Back at DFCI for a long day.  I haven't started the chemo yet - so we'll be  here til at least 6pm (arrived just after 9am).  I am getting my pre-meds.  We are going with the "after the reaction" treatment.  I still took dexamethadose (steroid) at 12 hours and 6  hours before, but didn't have any more of it here.  I am getting Solu-Medrol (steroid), Benadryl (whopping 50 mg), and Pepcid.  And then we'll start.  I think they want it those meds to sit with me a bit before they start... at least that's how it worked last time.

And, this time I got to pick my spot - I took a corner space with a window and a bed.  Just in case.  the Benadryl did make me a bit sleepy but I didn't fall asleep.  The steroid is fighting with it and I suspect it will win again.  Plus, I'm working remote.  I do take a half PTO day for the week, since I can't be completely available when I'm here, and I usually need a nap on day 3 or 4 at lunchtime.

But my nurse got it right: the first thing she said was "Today is going to be a good day!"  I am choosing to believe her entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment