Monday, November 16, 2015

Dinner out is awesome

My last post left this blog on a sour note. To turn it around, I'll offer that once day 3 is over, everything gets better.  Day 3 is just a very, very long day when things getting better doesn't seem remotely possible.

One way in which things get better is I feel up to having dinner out.  This is one of my favorite things.  It can be an expensive vice, but now more than ever I appreciate someone else doing the cooking and serving and cleaning up after.  We have awesome friends who have provided meals and gift cards and lovely company at said dinner outings, making the whole eating thing so much more doable and pleasurable!  A wonderful thing during these long months of treatment.

I am on my way to an impromptu dinner outing now, which I can do much more easily on the "off" weeks.  Today was a banner day at work (successful day 1 of a significant system implementation) and I am celebrating with the fam, who have endured a year's worth of Mom working early and late and weekends.

Looking forward to many more dinners out with many more friends as recovery progresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment