Monday, November 23, 2015

Course 5 (of 12)

My infusion of oxaliplatin - aka Drug with Evil Cold Sensitivity Side Affect - began around 12:15pm today.  We got home about three hours later.  My husband got the mail from the mailbox.  It was cold, having been out there for a couple hours in 40-degree weather.  I opened one of the letters and my fingertips immediately started tingling.  The evilness is now triggered by PAPER.  Plain, matte finish paper.  Not even the glossy magazine stuff.  I probably shouldn't touch the glossy stuff at all.

Gah.

Otherwise, expecting the same old same old from this course.  My oncologist's assistant, with whom I met today, suggested I pay close attention to my level of hydration this time around to see if that may be a factor in the awfulness of day 3.  It's a great point.  I probably don't fill my water bottle as much when the pump is connected because those are the days when I know the cold sensitivity is highest; even touching the water faucet can be evil (it's right up against a wall with no insulation, and there is a draft from the pipe underneath that leads to the outside spigot).  Likewise I don't drink any juice or seltzer from the fridge, unless I let it sit out for a while, and usually I'm too impatient for that.  But this time around I'll try to be patient and maybe it will make a difference.

Back to steeping.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully your cold sensitivity will subside in time for you to enjoy Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete