Saturday, June 13, 2020

C is for Cure

Yesterday I had an appointment with my oncologist to review my most recent test results.  The CT scan I had a few days ago marked 4 years NED (no evidence of disease).  Results were good - nothing on the scan, tumor marker fine - though a liver enzyme was slightly high.  I'll repeat blood work in a couple weeks and hope it reports normally.

So, one more year.  Then I'll have the same risk as anyone else to get cancer.  I'll come off survivorship maintenance.  Well, still a happy colonoscopy every 3 years, but I think the other routine blood work and scans will stop.  I hope they stop.  I'm still a needlephobe and that contrast stuff feels weird.

In other news, I've started training early for my next Jimmy Fund Walk.  This year is "your way" thanks to COVID-19 and I am still figuring out a marathon-length route.  I revisited my alphabet and realized I had never walked a letter C.  So I walked one.  And then I found the great big C that I did in fact walk last summer but did not tell most of y'all about.  Here are 2 letter C's.  C is for Cure.  Just 8 more letters in my alphabet!




2 comments:

  1. Gclub8 คาสิโน รูปแบบใหม่ เปิด ให้บริการ 24 ชั่วโมง ด้วยระบบ ฝาก ถอนเงินแบบออโต้ PGSLOT จึงทำให้ได้รับความนิยม เว็บไซต์ คาสิโน ชั้น 1 อาณาจักรมีเพรียบ และ กองทัพเกมส์ เยอะมากนานา

    ReplyDelete