Sunday, June 5, 2016

Traveling with my new... situation

I am in the airport.  I'm going to a conference for work.  I got here at 5:40am and it was packed.  

I was so anxious about remembering to pack my scissors in my checked bag and not my carry-on that I didn't think about any potential issues with security due to my abnormal anatomy and its necessary accessories.  The full body scan showed an "ananomoly" and I had to get pat down and explain the business under my shirt.  As it happens they were training a new TSA agent, and the trainer was explaining the play by play to the trainee.  In these cases they are not allowed to touch anything or ask you to lift your shirt.  They have you smooth your hands over and around it, on top of your clothing, and then they test your hands for residue.  I passed.  All things considered the agents were exceedingly professional; I was very glad, given this is the first time I've been on a plane since my cancer adventure, and by myself to boot.  

The real tragedy is the line for Starbucks was far longer than the line to get through security.  I skipped it and got some cheap self-serve coffee instead.  It is decidedly not Starbucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment