Sunday, June 12, 2016

Just like riding a bike

Yes, I did in fact ride my bike today.  I rode maybe three miles.  I survived.  My old knee issues - the ones that distracted my doctor from my GI troubles, way back when - have resurfaced.  First time I've had a problem in over a year.  I've been walking more, but haven't biked at all, so I no longer think biking has anything to do with it.  I just have bum knees.

I won't be biking the full commute to work anytime soon, but may start biking to Alewife station, about a third of the full route.  Baby steps... Or in this case, pedals.

I also participated in Arlington's Relay for Life last night as part of my daughter's team.  I didn't stay all night this time.  Just long enough for the luminaria ceremony.  Weird to be there as a survivor this time; never would have imagined it a year ago.  Sometimes things happen.




No comments:

Post a Comment