Monday, December 28, 2015

Vacation!

It turns out that not having the oxaliplatin last time around made so many things better... less cold sensitivity, less weird jaw pain with first bites, less metallic taste in my mouth... the fatigue still hit around the same time, and lasted about as long, but that was certainly a nice break.  If only I could have gotten a break without an allergic reaction; I'll take it regardless.

And now, I'm on VACATION.  For real.  I did make one work call today but it was only 10 minutes and I knew about it ahead of time.  Now I'm off the clock for real.  We had a great Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and are now having our awesome vacation week, all four of us.  Today it's cold out (what? winter?) so we are hunkered down inside, waiting for our 1-3 inches of snow overnight - playing with new toys, reading new books, watching endless Harry Potter movies, taking long naps.  I was so productive today and over the weekend I think I can totally laze out the rest of the week: pot roast is in the crock pot, baked three loaves of banana bread, yoga with Connor, day-after-Christmas shopping at the mall with Ava, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned off my desk, got some tax stuff together, re-organized all the holiday wrapping and decorations, bills paid, laundry done (thanks to superman hubby).  I even got some coloring in.  And tonight I'll actually cook the sides for the pot roast - first time I've cooked anything other than pasta since July.

Tomorrow is Star Wars (shhhhhhhhhhh).  Then The Big Short, The Danish Girl, and Joy... and we'll see what else is out that's worth seeing.  And I have something like 8 books to read and a month's worth of New Yorkers to catch up on. 

I will not think about course 8 yet... it will be crappy, in all kinds of ways.  But it isn't for a week.  Vacation rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment