Friday, October 2, 2015

Day 5 #WINNING

Today is day 5 of the first course of treatment, and man oh man is it way better than the last three days... especially yesterday, when I felt the most tired of all.  Taking the Compazine (anti-nausea) helped the green feeling a little bit but it also made me so very sleepy.  I took at least three naps, one basically in the middle of eating lunch; spilled chicken soup all over the place.  The struggle is real.

But today!  So far today is really stellar in comparison.  No nausea yet, and not feeling overly tired or anything.  I actually wanted to eat breakfast, which is awesome as I seem to have lost another couple of pounds, so need to start making up for the green days.  The sensitivity to cold didn't seem to ever materialize for me - maybe I can eat a few ice cream sandwiches to bulk up.

I also called in to a meeting at work, and will do that one more time this afternoon.  I have to say, clearing off my desk -- which has been completely covered in amazing get well cards from all over -- and hooking my home office back up was actually invigorating.  I'm officially scheduled to start back this coming Monday 10/5.  Not sure where my energy will be exactly, and I haven't gotten on a bus or a subway since before all this started, so may still be working from home to start.  I'm hopeful that I'll make it downtown one or two times though - we'll see how it goes.

At first I envisioned coming into the office even when I had the pump connected, but now I don't think that will be feasible.  Lots of things are awkward with it attached, and I can't get the pump wet, or the dressing over the port (read: cannot really shower normally), and if I don't have the strap around me sometimes I forget it's there.  I only had one close call on day 2, when I had set it down on my desk while I checked some email, and when I got up I basically forgot it was there.  Luckily the tug on the tubing reminded me before it came crashing down or pulled anything apart.  Seems like just one thing too many to have to deal with in addition to a commute and everything else that's normal for an in-the-office day.  Plus, if I'm taking my Compazine on those days like a good girl, I'm likely to need a nap at some unexpected time.  I don't need any chicken soup spills in the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment