Friday, August 26, 2016

More walking - support my Jimmy Fund Walk!

I'm doing it again -- exercising and raising money for the fight against cancer!  This time I've registered for the Boston Marathon Jimmy Fund Walk.  I've upped my goal since the FitFest back in May.  Now I'm including an "allocation" for my two surgeries as well.  My new default goal is $2,000: $100 for each surgery (2), round of chemotherapy (12), and week of radiation therapy (6).  Please visit my fundraising page here:

http://www.jimmyfundwalk.org/2016/eemthomas

I opted for the half-marathon 13.1 mile route from Wellesley to Boston.  I've been doing a lot of walking since ending treatment at the end of April, but 26.2 miles felt like it would be too much all at once.  I'll work up to the full route next year... baby steps.

I am also trying to get back into a biking routine.  I did about 4 miles yesterday and that was plenty.  It was only my 2nd time back on the bike since diagnosis.  Hard to believe I used to ride 18 miles a day, 2-3 times a week, from May - October for my commute to work.  I'm still not sure I'll do a commute by bike this year.  I would like to, but I might talk myself out of it... the streets of downtown Boston will surely be as challenging as they ever were.

And next year, my goal is the Pan-Mass Challenge.  I've always wanted to do it and know many people who have done it multiple times.  We'll see - baby pedals!

No comments:

Post a Comment